Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lay-Zee

It's been a lazy weekend here this weekend. Not gone anywhere since I didn't want to deal with the cold yuckiness outside. So most of us have stayed inside. (Hubby is out working at the moment) It has however been a weekend full of water changes and observation.
Emerson- my new male- is unlike any of my others. He is FEISTY. He flares at me! He flares at his reflection in the camera lens. And he is HUGE. I've tried him in a couple of different bowls and he just seems to fill the whole thing. So I finally gave up and after much discussion with my husband and my friends at aquarium nation (www.aquariumnation.com) I decided to move Ned (male #1) in a bowl and put Emerson in the 3 gallon tank. I felt bad about this cause ned has been in the tank for awhile, and he's so sweet (he's also hubby's fave), but I didn't want to squish Emerson anymore either so that problem has been solved.
Charlotte is coming along beautifully.
Photobucket

she's looking more and more like a fish and less and less like a tadpole. I continue to have a soft spot for female #1, Olive. Just because she seems to enjoy being around people. I swear she comes to the front of the bowl when she hears my voice. I also tend to be around her the most, since she's on the headboard of the bed, and i spend a lot of time resting (I'm laptopping from bed right now) we hang out togeher a lot. :)
Anyway, that was our weekend. I won a great new bowl off of the SNIPE auction from aquarium nation, I'm debating whether it should go to Ned or Charlotte. We shall see. And now that it's thawed outside, I'll be making a run to my LFS for some silk plants since I've decided they are better than the plastic ones. Thank goodness for store credit since I spend my weekly spending money on the bowl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment