Friday, March 27, 2009

Tired.

The weather is absolutely horrible here today and probably will be for most of the weekend. This make me sad. A) I was looking forward to going to sea dreams today (www.seadreams.us)to get a new plant for my newest betta emerson. Right now he is borrowing one from Ned and it takes up quite a bit of the tank, but i prefer that to him not having any place to "hide". Emerson got moved into the vase i had planned for him, it holds about a gallon of water give or take, so he got a water change. Charlotte, being that she is the sicky, got a complete water change and tank cleaning, who knew such a tiny fish could leave so MUCH poo!!!! she's also getting fattened up, she's pudgy like Olive. I must subconsciously over feed the females because Ned does not have this problem.
I also did a complete water change on the big tank today. None of them (Ned, Digby, or Pigby) were at all happy about that. And I'm serious those little otos can be invisible!! I have the hardest time finding them!!!! The tank was getting gross and I checked the levels and to my understanding they were higher than they should have been. (I haven't done as much with the big tank since the smaller tanks keep me busier) It was gross. But hopefully it will be better. I rinsed out all the filter parts as well.

I've been trying really hard to get a photo of Charlotte so the world can get an idea of how she is growing and changing, but she hides too much and is hard to get a photo of. She swims sorta funny- I think she has a "lucky fin" like Nemo. It's there just not as much as the other and doens't seem to be as strong... I'm hoping this is just part of the fin rot and as that improves it will grow back.

So, since Charlotte is so camera shy, I don't have any new photos right now. And after doing changes on everyone but Olive, I think I'm gonna take a nap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment